Re: Europa-List: Favorite way to filter and carry fuel?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Favorite way to filter and carry fuel?
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 16:43:01

> This has long been a bit of a puzzle to me Ron and may - if I get to fly to

> France this year - become a real problem.
>
> A friend with a 912 Pulsar carries a 25 litre portable plastic container in

> the back (is this legal) and then has to beg a lift or hire a taxi to the
> nearest petrol station for a fill up.  This always seems to be horribly
> unsatisfactory.
>
> Any ideas would be most welcome.

Hi Patrick,

I'm living and flying in France.
I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a lift to the nearest gas
station on any airfield here in France. You'll be even more successful
if you ask ultralight pilots. They virtually always refuel with plastic
jerrycans.
If you don't have the little pump discussed on this list, remember most
ultralights are high wings and they always have a step at hand.
If you happen to land at Vienne (LFHH), I'll be glad to take you to the
petrol station.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France