Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa Monowheel Performance with fixed pitch prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa Monowheel Performance with fixed pitch prop
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:03:51

I think I'll jump in here. I agree with Bryan except I can only speak
---From fixed pitch prop experience. I have a Tri-Gear with only 4 hours
on it. I can say I am really pleased! I have set the Warp Drive ground
adjustable to 21 degrees as I have 8000 feet of runway to play with. I
know it's still a bit cold but this bird is off the ground in just over
500 feet it's climbing at 65 to 70 kTS at 1100 FPM. After years of
152's and Cherokee's I have to say WOW!  So far without wheel pants it
cruses at 115KTS at 3000 ft with only 4500 RPM's. Once I clean this
thing up and go with the recommended 5000 + RPM's I should see 125 to
130 KTS. I would like to have a new VP prop but for now I'm having too
much fun flying what I got. I just wish I had more time to enjoy it. So
for now I'll say.... Keep it light and simple and have fun flying.
Jeff
A258 Fitting the wheel pants and flying.