Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa Monowheel Performance with fixed pitch prop

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: Europa Monowheel Performance with fixed pitch prop
From: Bbryanallsop@wmconnect.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:52:05
& 912S

Regarding the claims for the performance of the Airmaster, I have no doubt
that it is a splendid propellor. Personally I made no claims that the Woodcomp

propellor is any better, or any worse than other VP props. That is another
subject.

The question was, is there a need to put a VP prop on a 912S XS.

We must remember that in the UK we are limited to 1390 pounds all up weight.
We have to be careful to avoid adding unnecessary weight if we want to take
passengers with baggage. Accordingly we hope to build our planes to about 800
lb.. Anything above that comes off the number of toys you can take with you.

I understand that things are different in the States where Europas regularly
come off the stocks at 950 lb., and this is compensated for by increasing the
permissible take off weight.

So, it is horses for courses. Regarding which propellor to use if you decide
to go VP, I am not qualified to give advice. My only comment was that the
Woodcomp was relatively cheap, and it works. Naturally that does include
improved

take off performance, if you really need it.

Cheers.  Bryan