Re: Europa-List: RF Problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RF Problem
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:06:50

Jeff,

I'm using the same setup Icom/Archer.  My coax runs through a 1" x 2"
channel in the left of the fuse, along with the transponder coax, left
wing wiring and a couple of other power wires.  You've ridden in the
bird and, as you probably know, there is no interference, at all.  The
only time I had a probelm, was with the mic going to open and affecting
the trim, tripping the breaker.  That turned out to be a short in
intercom wiring.  Once it was fixed, the problem went away.  I'd check
all other connections, including grounds, just to be sure they are all
good.  Other than that, I'm stumpped, but that's not hard to do... :)

I know you're close to first flight.  Keep us apprised.  Hope to see you
at Sun-N-Fun...

Jeff - N55XS
141 hours