RE: Europa-List: CHRISTMAS GREETINGS

Subject: RE: Europa-List: CHRISTMAS GREETINGS
From: Jeremy Davey <europaflyer3@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:25:36

Why is it that these days we are discouraged from calling it Christmas, but
God forbid we should call Diwali, etc. anything other than Diwali, etc.?
Sorry, but it does my head in!

Anyway, it's a pagan festival really. Jesus was born in the spring.

(Anyone who wants to do holier-than-thou over my political incorrectness is
respectfully requested to bear in mind how the angel is attached to the
Christmas tree...)

Cheers,
JD