Re: Europa-List: Future Europa Powerplant

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Future Europa Powerplant
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 11:06:46

>  The white hot military UAV market is fueling all kinds
> of engine development right now.  For 50 yrs or more,
> there has been no interest in non-jet engine technology
> from the military.
>                                       Glenn

We may not be able to afford these engines.  They can't charge the
military one price, and us about half of that.  Our Defense Contract
Audit Agency tends to raise an issue there.  Perhaps that's why the
price increases on the Rotax 914 have rather hefty in recent years.
When you start selling to the military, seems your costs just....go way
up.  :-)

Fred F.