Re: Europa-List: Hey Guys...Speaking of drag...

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Hey Guys...Speaking of drag...
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:13:55

I've just sent six pixs of Bowman's cowling, cooling, and (almost)
fully enclosed mono fairing to the matronics "Europa-list" photoshare.
As I mentioned, he's paid particular attention to cowling aerodynamics
and cooling drag to which he credits much of his ability to climb out
of 2,000 feet w/ two on board at "over 200 mph". Unfortunately, I don't
have more specific information (like rate of climb, ATP, etc.) for this
performance anecdote, but I've talked w/ Alex at length and he's not
the kind of guy to exaggerate or aggrandize...he is after all a retired
RCAF senior test pilot; I do have some performance data he gave me back
at Arlington/EAA, 2004 if anyone's interested. He also, of course, has
the 130 hp Honda-based engine.

Fred
A194