Re: Europa-List: Hey Guys...Speaking of drag...

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Hey Guys...Speaking of drag...
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:25:28

<<Also, the 'gills' on the sides of the upper cowl seem to be counter
productive for cooling>>

Now your talking! I reckon these gills throw out a plume of air that (at
least locally) destroys the airflow down the side of the fus., creating
significant drag.

Has anyone blocked these off to see what speed advantage is gained?
Downside would be overheating/short life of alternator regulator, but
cooling for this could be separately provided for.

Duncan McF.