Europa-List: Bond-able studs

Subject: Europa-List: Bond-able studs
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:01:28

I have had great success making my own bond able studs from left over fuselage
material (fiberglass foam sandwich).  First layout the circles on the fiberglass
material to be used.   Next, I used a hole saw to cut out circles of appropriate
diameter (the larger the stud dia the larger the circle).  Counter bore
the back side of the material which allows the he head of the bolt to be flush
with with the backside of the fiberglass.  Bond stud/fiberglass sandwich in
place
with Redux/Flox.  For vertical surfaces I use a very small amount of 5 min.
epoxy on the bolt head to hold in place while Redux cures.  Be sure to pack
the Redux/Flox around the bolt head to prevent the head from turning under
torque.
Give it a try...they work GREAT.

Erich Trombley N28ET Classic Mono 914

Sorry for the repeating message