Europa-List: Sealing of the fuel tank during construciton of the aircraf

Subject: Europa-List: Sealing of the fuel tank during construciton of the aircraft
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:51:22

Steve D,
I noted that you sealed your tank inlets/outlets with duct tape and were
rewarded
with dust in the tank.  I found that using plastic wrap (Saran Wrap used for
kitchen/cooking ware) folded over itself a few times to increase the thickness,
then placed over the fuel inlets/outlets and secured with a rubber band works
really well.  The resultant seal is air tight.
Erich Trombley N28ET Classic Mono 914

Not sure why my messages are being duplicated.  Sorry!  ET