Re: Europa-List: Water corrosion?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Water corrosion?
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 11:59:57

Gilles. mon ami,
            I think it means they know their own source happily, know they
didnt suck from some remote site, but shared a trip to an unknown source
while on a continental trip. Your mileage may vary.......
            Certainly over here in (northern) America, some Canuck sites may
store old fuel as a cashe, and the possiblity of water ingestion is higher.
For that reason I have both water drains (to drain the sitting tanks) and a
gascolator (to drain the fuel lines - tank to engine). Every flight is a
gascolator flight, every storage is both.
            Over the horizon attempt to smooth the European feathers.
Cheers, Ferg