Europa-List: Water corrosion?

Subject: Europa-List: Water corrosion?
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 10:17:56

>But; my bird has a gascolator in the fuelline (!!), still there could come
>water in the bowls. But in the Tech Log (G-KITZ) I discovered that KW didn't
>fly the bird much in the last 6 month of EMIL's life,
>and according the information I received the bird was parked somewere
>outside on a field called Connington.
>My be that could be one explanation... parking in open air.
>
>Tim Weert.

Tim
Check if your gascolator lets water through, if its an Andair it won't
unless wrongly assembled. I know the factory used a cheap gascolator one
time which was not well designed, ACS I think.
Its best to filter out the water before it gets in the tank, a Mister
Funnel will do that, but it is not the same mesh as the Andair, (70
migron) so fine stuff it lets through could still affect the Andair.