Re: Europa-List: Water corrosion?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Water corrosion?
From: Tim Weert <tim.weert@hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 13:12:29

Hi Richard and Patrick,

I had the same experience in the 914 carbbowl from my aircraft after
collecting it from the administrator. According the mechanic who checked my
carb bowls, the white deposit is corrosion caused by waterparticles in the
fuel. He cleaned the bowls, checked the parts in the bowl and told me that
it's important to have an effective water separator in the fuelline.
But; my bird has a gascolator in the fuelline (!!), still there could come
water in the bowls. But in the Tech Log (G-KITZ) I discovered that KW didn't
fly the bird much in the last 6 month of EMIL's life,
and according the information I received the bird was parked somewere
outside on a field called Connington.
My be that could be one explanation... parking in open air.

Regards,
Tim Weert.

Heerhugowaard Holland
#460 PH-JAI  TG/XS 914 AP332