Re: Europa-List: 914 Waste Gate

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 Waste Gate
From: D Wysong <hdwysong@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:46:47

Good point regarding that turbo servo isolation switch, Cliff.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever had to use this manual reset switch to
calm a surging turbo?  Was the surge brought on by trying to operate in
the "Stay Out" zone between 108% and 110% or something else?  Was the
event as entertaining as it sounds!?

Any other tricks or lessons learned to avoid such an event would be
greatly appreciated.

Cliff Shaw wrote:

> Patrick
>
> I saw the same symptom on the plane Russ has.  The blinking orange light went
away when he switched on the switch for the waste gate servo. I think it was
labeled TCU on his plane.  It should be on at all times. Only there to cause a
reset if need be, as I understand the way it works.