Europa-List: Trouble fitting wings to fuselage

Subject: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wings to fuselage
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:33:33

Dan,

You are obvioulsly not alone in this matter.  After extensive diagnostics, I
found
for N28ET that the problem was in the fiberglass cuff that you glass in place
over the spars.  The cuff is required for the mod to increase the gross weight
to 1370 lbs.  Rigging the spars was no problem outside of the plane as you
describe, however, when trying to fit the wings to the aircraft I just could
get the wings in 100%.  It seems a few thousands of an inch make all the
difference.
Anyway long story short I removed the cuff and bingo the wing slid in
all the way allowing for simple rigging.  Good luck.
P.S.  Looks like I may in fact be coming to Copperstate after all.  Where are
the
folks from out of town staying?  Casa Grande?
Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914