Re: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wings to fuselage

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wings to fuselage
From: DJGeldermann <djgeldermann@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:29:23

Dan,
I got to the exact same point as you and had the same problem last fall (It
was off by about 1/16" on the starboard side).  I haven't tried to fit the
wings, but I wonderd if one or both of the aileron bellcranks (W16) on the
wing spars were contacting the aileron bellcrank in the fuselage just a
fraction of an inch too soon.  Everything looks clear with no obvious
obstruction.  My plan is too remove the aileron W16 brackets on the spars
for the next trial fit too see if it all goes together as intended.  If so,
I'll relocate the aileron bellcrank on the spar by a small amount.  I'm
hoping it's just the starboard one.

I'm watching all the responses to this one with high interest.
Dan Geldermann
A-139
N918DJ