Europa-List: Bing Carbs

Subject: Europa-List: Bing Carbs
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:56:07

>It is probably splitting hairs but without further knowledge of these
>carbs, I am wondering if the apparent altitude compensation is an
>outcome of the Bing design rather than the design purpose if you can
>understand what I am trying to say.  IOW, although it does lean out with
>Alt, does it lean the correct amount ???
>
>Over and out !!
>
>Kingsley

Kingsley
I don't think it does, the UK agent did some experimentation, a very simple
mod but dependant on the pilot remembering to richen on descent.
It certainly does lean but as you suggest probably not enough.
Ivan noticed in the early days, (G-YURO) that going high wasn't
particularly economical.
Graham