RE: Europa-List: to Tom Lowsley re:XS tri-gear project for sale

Subject: RE: Europa-List: to Tom Lowsley re:XS tri-gear project for sale
From: Milt Black <black333@dslextreme.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:05:01

Hi Trev, Your point is well taken. Again, I have nothing against the Rotax.
I would ony remind you that the North American P-51 was designed around the
Allison engine and only "came alive" and gained it's reputation as the best
fighter of WWII after switching to the Rolls Royce Merlin. The list of
aircraft whose performance and economy were improved by an engine switch or
replacement is endless. Choice is a good thing. It's one of the important
elements that drives research and developement. My best to you and to your
Europa. Milt Black