Re: Europa-List: to Tom Lowsley re:XS tri-gear project for sale

Subject: Re: Europa-List: to Tom Lowsley re:XS tri-gear project for sale
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:50:33

Jeff,

If you like performance and ease of operation, you're going to love your
912S.  My tri gear's acceleration is very impressive; pushes you well
back into the seat and she climbs at around 1000 fpm at 1400 lbs, when
coupled with an AirMaster...

I looked, very hard at all the engines and FWFs being used in Europas
and chose the 912S.  My reasons for choosing the 912S are:  The kit was
designed around it, making installation a breeze.  Performance, well,
see above.  I wanted to fly my beauty, NOW! and didn't want to spend
extra time fidgiting with a non-standard installation.  I'm not saying
that the other available engines aren't fine and I very well might
experiment with another engine, should I build another Europa.  I just
wanted to get under way with the least possible hassles.  The 912S has
provided me with that ability and has done so spectacularly.

Hope I haven't stepped on any toes... ;)

Jeff - N55XS
60+ hours and going out again tomorrow with that special grin, still on my
face...