Re: Europa-List: Jabiru as alterantive

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Jabiru as alterantive
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:58:40

> Honda VTEC CAM 125 package....
>  Alex Bowman is claiming 200 mph speeds at
> lower altitudes and that is with a Warp Drive prop!

Whatever...  But I've seen no accusation that the formulas
in Dr. Hoerner's books on aerodynamics are wrong.  If say a
80HP Rotax is say 140MPH full throttle down low, then to get
to 200MPH will require (allowing even for Hoerner's
unquantified fudge factor for a very clean airframe), over
200HP.  To go 200 on 125HP, same prop or not, requires the
addition of a  little-known element either as a fuel
additive, or in casting the redrive box, called balonium.
:-)

Reg,
Fred F.