RE: Europa-List: tools

Subject: RE: Europa-List: tools
From: willie harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:22:24

We had this same debate in a Jodel syndicate I used to belong to,
following an engine failure caused by a blocked main jet, which led to a
very bumpy forced landing in a corn field. We debated how to carry just
enough tools so you stood a chance of fixing simple faults like this and
taking off again. Everyone in the syndicate had a view, but the one I
recall was from a colleague who'd had enough of forced landings: he
simply said, "Let's just carry a box of matches in the toolkit, because
if it ever does that to me again I'll set fire to the b*****."