RE: Europa-List: tools

Subject: RE: Europa-List: tools
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@growzone.com.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:43:38

Jeremy said:  But add a small LED torch.

A few months ago, my wife gave me a torch as a little present.  It is a
LED torch and has no batteries.  A handle on the back of it is folded
out and after winding it 50 to 100 revolutions, it will work for a
claimed 30 minutes.

Each time I use it I usually just give it a few turns and I haven't run
it flat yet.  Even after standing for a fortnight or so, it retains its
charge not that it would really matter if it didn't.

If you get as frustrated as I do every time I pick up a battery torch
and it is almost flat, you might find this little item worthwhile.  Oh!
it also has a little compass on it as well and it actually points North.
I haven't weighed it, but I'm sure it is lighter than a torch especially
if the torch is fitted with alkaline batteries.  Yes, of course it is
made in China.

I now have two items ready for my 'grab bag', the torch and a signalling
mirror.  At the rate I am building, I will have plenty of time to get
the rest ! !

Kingsley in Oz.