RE: Europa-List: tools

Subject: RE: Europa-List: tools
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 09:18:47

 Hi Paul,

You don't say what kind of plane.  If you have a mono-wheel, you might
consider taking a jacking block on trips, in case you get a flat tire.
The block allows you to use (borrow) a standard hydraulic floor jack on
the gear leg.  There is one described on my web site at;
http://terryseaver.home.comcast.net/N135TD_mods.htm
Look for 'Mono-wheel jacking block'.

Also, we have a 912S, and normally burn unleaded auto fuel.  On the
longer trips we have to use 100LL, which fouls the plugs in as little at
25 hours.  Twice we have been unable to start the engine, far from home,
and had no spare plugs in the plane.  On one occasion a fellow Europa
builder sold us a set, on the other occasion, I scraped the lead off the
plugs with my pocket knife and managed to get one more start out of
them.  Since then we carry a spare set of plugs at all times.

Regards,
Terry Seaver