RE: Europa-List: 912S starter motor

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 912S starter motor
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:27:49

We just went through this about a month ago.  With our mono-wheel XS
with 912S, we were able to change ours out in one evening, without
removing the engine.  We just had to move the oil reservoir temporarily
(loosen the mounting bands, let it hang from the hoses), and maybe the
#3 exhaust header (I don't quite remember on that part).  Others have
talked about having to modify the starter, cutting off a mounting ear or
some such thing.  Ours required no modification of that kind.

Regards,
Terry Seaver
A135