Europa-List: 912S starter motor

Subject: Europa-List: 912S starter motor
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:17:20

I don't have too many problems with kickback yet but considering the
comments made and to forestall any problems in the future, I am
considering swopping the starter on my 912S for the heavy duty model. I
have contacted Skydrive who will supply an exchange at a discount but I
have to return the old one within two weeks.  Can anyone who has already
fitted a new starter tell me if it is a relatively simple job to swop
over with the engine in situ or does it need modification / engine out?

Richard Iddon G-RIXS