Re: Europa-List: 912S starter motor

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 912S starter motor
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:08:01

Richard
I have a 912s on a trigear XS and found it remarkably easy to change the
starter motor without modification (ie chopping off lugs). I had to remove
the oil filter and some of the locallised wiring but that was all. The only
issue that I was warned about (thank you William Mills) was that the new
motors have the ability to be split into 2 or 3 parts if you are not careful
so I kept the nuts in place until in situ and then withdrew one bolt at a
time until the nut was back in place and then repeated for the 2nd bolt.
I hope this makes sense but certainly it took no more than a couple of hours
on my own.
Regards
Steve Pitt
From: "Richard Iddon" <riddon@sent.com>