Re: Europa-List: Voltage Regulator Problem?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Voltage Regulator Problem?
From: Jos Okhuijsen <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:16:12

Which confirms my strong opinion that add ons, like a crowbar induce extra
risks.
Regulators are more reliable then regulator/crowbar combinations. I
further strongly disagree that keeping resetting any CB is harmless. There
are warnings about this in any "learn to fly" book. In this case every
time the cb blows, it has hit the circuit with some large current. This
reocurrent short circuit will harm every component involved, and could
bring further harm, leading to disaster.

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen