Re: Europa-List: Voltage Regulator Problem?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Voltage Regulator Problem?
From: MJKTuck@cs.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:41:50

Thanks for all that responded to my breaker problem despite my rather vague
description which wasn't quite right now that I have studied the diagram
further.

The 5 amp CB is ties to the crowbar and I found a handy 5A breaker on my
prebuilt panel labeled ALT FIELD - hence the confusion.

Fortunately Bob Nuckols lives not far and we both work for the same company
so I gave him a call as it was his crowbar design. His memory is better than
mine and remembered we had trouble with this before and he added a capacitor in

my panel somewhere which cured it - until I replaced my radio and transponder
recently.

He suspects my new radio and/or transponder (probably the latter) is causing
some spiking and wants to upgrade/modify my crowbar. Unfortunately it is
behind the panel so it will be a while before I feel inclined to pull everything

out again.

He said it would not do any harm to keep resetting it if it settles down
after a while.

Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Regards,
Martin Tuck