RE: Europa-List: Mono Brake Bleed

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mono Brake Bleed
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:54:14

Hi! Jim .
For the initial charging of the fluid obviously air rises so the bleed
screw needs to be at the low side of the slave or calliper cylinder and
the system supply pipe needs connecting at the upper location on the
calliper back to the master cylinder. This enables the air to rise and
be forced back through the system to exit at the master cylinder. To
pressure feed from the bleed nipple I connected a flexible pipe to the
top of a washing up soap bottle or any clean plastic bottle (preferably
clear so you can see the oil air levels) full of the requisite oil,
inverted the bottle after connection then squeeze the bottle, pressure
forcing oil from the bottle through the slave cylinder back to the
master cylinder taking all air before it. You must stop before the
squeeze bottle is empty though or you will be pushing air in again!
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300