Re: Europa-List: Mono Brake Bleed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono Brake Bleed
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 08:49:33

Jim Butcher wrote:

> Having difficulity bleeding the brake on our monowheel....

Harbor Freight and such sell a manual vacuum pump, inlcuding a clever
bottle used to intercept and observe fluid sucked out of the bleeder
screw.  Just need to keep the master cylinder level up.  My IA/A&P
with 50 yrs exp, and erstwhile A&P school instructor, had never seen
that technique and was rather amazed as I was quickly completing a
brake ass'y swap.  It's handy also to find leaks in static lines, if
very careful to avoid sudden pressure changes in pressure instruments.

Reg,
Fred F.