Re: Europa-List: Carb Icing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carb Icing
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:52:32

Thanks for your input William, sounds encouraging.

Just looking at my engine manuals, I dont understand why the return pipe has
to be attached so close to the water pump inlet. It would seem that anywhere
in the return line would have the same result. Cutting the pipe where it
runs along the top of the engine would be much easier and would be far less
messy.

Anyone know of a good reason why this wont work.

Presumably the other end of the circuit is connected somewhere between the
expansion tank and the radiator inlet connection. Or is it between the top
return manifold and the expansion tank (probably higher water pressure at
this point).

Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions that I could have.