Re: Europa-List: LED Wingtip Lights - covers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: LED Wingtip Lights - covers
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:17:02

Fred R. Klein wrote:

>Happy New Year All,
>
>Graham, thanks for the plug...I have a few sets left from my first run of
>16. I posted a couple of pixs on the matronics-photoshare on November 26,
>2004 where they can be viewed. The polycarbonate light covers extend 5.5
>inches aft of the leading edge and replace that portion of the XS wingtip. I
>sized them accordingly after discussion w/ Jeff Behrnes after seeing his
>excellent photos of his CreativAir position/strobe/landing light
>installation shown on his website, http://www.N55XS.com/ (go to May 7 thru
>May 22, 2004).
>
>After hearing from you of your production difficulties, I went ahead and
>made up some molds...learning amongst other things, how time-consuming it is
>when one deviates from the stock-Europa build. Nonetheless, the Europa was
>never designed for nighttime ops and I just couldn't bring myself to bolt
>stock Whelen units onto the otherwise clean lines of the ship...at this
>point I'm happy to have made the extra effort.
>
>Fred

Expanding on what Fred has said, trust me, they are fine units and fit
perfectly.  I will soon be installing the set I bought from Fred and
look forward to showing off the final assembly.  The Creative Air units,
with strobe and landing lights fit just fine, under the lenses.

--
Jeff - A055
Finished priming the fuselage.  Doors are at the paint shop...