Europa-List: LED Wingtip Lights - covers

Subject: Europa-List: LED Wingtip Lights - covers
From: Fred R. Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:06:15

Happy New Year All,

Graham, thanks for the plug...I have a few sets left from my first run of
16. I posted a couple of pixs on the matronics-photoshare on November 26,
2004 where they can be viewed. The polycarbonate light covers extend 5.5
inches aft of the leading edge and replace that portion of the XS wingtip. I
sized them accordingly after discussion w/ Jeff Behrnes after seeing his
excellent photos of his CreativAir position/strobe/landing light
installation shown on his website, http://www.N55XS.com/ (go to May 7 thru
May 22, 2004).

After hearing from you of your production difficulties, I went ahead and
made up some molds...learning amongst other things, how time-consuming it is
when one deviates from the stock-Europa build. Nonetheless, the Europa was
never designed for nighttime ops and I just couldn't bring myself to bolt
stock Whelen units onto the otherwise clean lines of the ship...at this
point I'm happy to have made the extra effort.

Fred