Europa-List: Firewall chice and Rotax Engine order options

Subject: Europa-List: Firewall chice and Rotax Engine order options
From: Michael Grass <M.Grass@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:35:57

Group,

I like to order the firewall forward kit from Europa2004 as soon as possible but
I need to do an informed decision. My problem is: My heart is on the 914 engine
with an CS Prop (Airmaster, Kremen, Arplast?) but I am not sure how much the
total package will cost nor I will (and be able)  buy the whole package at
once. Therefore If I could get some input from the group members who where there
before that would be great.

My question related to the Rotax engines:

What (factory) order options other then the 912ULS-4 or 914UL-4 are needed. The
Rotax websites and the Lockwood catalog are rather confusing then helpful. I
believe I need the ring mount, slipper clutch, regulator / rectifier, HD
starter,
expansion bottle but what type, expansion tank, vacuum pump drive (not the
pump itself), bolts, prop. lugs, Lord blocks etc?? Again, reading the Rotax
publications
I do not know what is included and what needs to be ordered extra
and what I really need for completing my Europa. I also believe that some
options
are standard on the 912 but not the 914 but in return the 914 includes some
options which are not included in the 912 base package.

My question regarding the Europa FWF kit is:

What makes more sense: To get first the 914 kit and then, if I change my mind
(means
I cant afford the 914) upgrade to the 912? Or get the 912 package and have
left over's?  I would hate to buy parts I do not need. If somebody has the
packing list from both that would be great so I could see what I really would
get from Europa.

The last of the set of questions:
I know some of you where interested about the Kremen CS Prop. Are there any
Europas
flying with them yet and if yes how is the performance?

 Thanks

Michael Grass

A266 Trigear, Detroit MI,
Building halted at 0 deg F. outside at ground level and to much time to dream.