Europa-List: FAA style Harness

Subject: Europa-List: FAA style Harness
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:06:10

>I think between the two ideas, the idea John came up with is better suited
>to meet the problem and the FAA guidelines. But I would wonder how well the
>attachment points would hold up during a sudden stop.
>Not flaming....I just have an opinion. Any other ideas out in the world in
>use?
>
>Mike Duane  A207

I agree Mike
Thinking about it since it's mainly the compression that does the damage
adding some stiff structure, such as the headrest!?! ....to absorb the
compression load, then routing the attachment back down  to a suitable
strong point might well do it.
Sitting on a bean bag (half full of styrofoam beads) also helps to absorb
some energy and is very comfortable.
Just an idea.
Graham