RE: Europa-List: Cockpit heating

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cockpit heating
From: David DeFord <davedeford@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:54:47

> Its so darn cold up here in Wisconsin
> that I have stopped flying the Europa.  The biggest source of
> cold air is coming from the back though the control sticks
> and ends up blowing air on your thighs and it gets pretty
> miserable.  If it wasn't for that I'd be able just wear a
> sweater and get by.

Paul,

We had a similar problem until we installed the excellent leather boots
around the stick pivots that are sold by the gentleman from New Zealand.  (I
have forgotten the contact details, now that our installation is done, but
someone else will no doubt be able to supply them.)  I know, our winters
here in California are not like yours in Wisconsin, but it still gets pretty
cold at 14000 feet when crossing the Sierras in January.

Dave DeFord
N135TD