RE: Europa-List: Cockpit heating

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Cockpit heating
From: David DeFord <davedeford@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 19:40:48

> --> <rsementi@gmail.com>
>
> Dave - what engine do you have in your Europa? - Richard S.

912S, with Airmaster prop.  I take it you are asking because of my note
about crossing mountains at 14000 feet.  Climb rate is slow at this
altitude, but we have never had a problem reaching any desired altitude (up
to the 15500 I used in October, at about 1230lbs., when I wanted extra
margin because of an ignition problem).  Temperatures are well above
standard over the mountains in the summer, so density altitudes are
typically at least 1000 feet higher.

Dave DeFord
N135TD