Europa-List: Virus Alert

Subject: Europa-List: Virus Alert
From: Dan Bish <N914RB@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:28:41

Hi all,

Just wanted to alert everyone to an email I received last night. It says
it's from info@europa-aircraft.com and is titled "Confirmation". There's a
zip file attached that contains a nasty virus called W32.Sober.I@mm!zip.

It's a worm type virus that will really ruin your day if you open it and
don't have adequate virus protection. Looks like Europa's email has been
spoofed and used for sending this email out. Since you're probably on the
same list of recipients, you may get it to. Thankfully, my anti-virus
program was up-to-date. If you get it and need help getting rid of it go to:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sober.i@mm.html

I think we need to get the kit companies to donate kits to these virus
authors so they'd have something else to do with their time!

FYI,

Dan Bish

Kit A144

Tucson, AZ USA