Re: Europa-List: brake pipe routing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: brake pipe routing
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:17:51

danny@mcwalterscafe.co.uk wrote:

>Hi All,
>         I am just about to put in the brake pipes on my tri gear xs, Can any
of you who have completed this job tell me how you routed the pipe to the legs
(socket tube). I was contemplating drilling through the baggage ,then rib three
and down by the side of the socket tube,is this an acceptable idea or would
it weaken the u/c?
>Also where about on the firewall did you put the master cylinder.
>
>Cheers Danny.  541

Danny,

I can't speak of everyone, however I used Nylo Flo and ran the tubes up,
into the outermost pocket of the "X", then over the cross and down into
the inner most pocket, about half way up, from the floor.  Once in the
tunnel, I brought the tubes together and anchored them to the bottom of
the fuselage with wire tie anchors, then forward to the parking break
valve and then on forward to the M/C and, eventually the firewall.  I
ran the tubing through rubber hose, everywhere it penetrated a bulkhead,
for a little added abraision protection.  You can see the basic layout
on my build site, November 11 & 12 journal entries.  A picture of the
M/C and parling brake valve setup can be seen in the September 4 entry.
Hope this helps...

--
Jeff - A055
Builders Log http://www.N55XS.com