Re: Europa-List: Bonding CS14 Brackets to Fuselage sides

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Bonding CS14 Brackets to Fuselage sides
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:33:20

Hello Brian

Best to get rid of all gelcoat. (per a conversation with Andy)
Best to make a composite bond, first layer BID and redux and peel ply, then wait
longer than you care to for a full cure and lay up remaining epoxy Resin. (per
conversation with Neville)

I have read in past that the BID/Epoxy alone has a tendency to unbond after a
while.

When I did my firewall bonds, I scuffed up till was into glass a bit. A Note
here,
if
you use for instance a Dremil and Permagrit type wheel here it works fast and
efficient. problem is if you lay glass over it, the slight irregularities tend
to get
a lot of little air bubbles. Ask me how i know! Anyway subsequent just gave base
thin coat of clear, and a thin coat of flox. works perfect! Just from a
mechanical
standpoint, not a bad idea to put peel ply, if not only the edges where they are
in
cockpit to keep them from being sharp and just look nicer. If you feel so
inclined
you
can put just a tad of flox on the edge to make transition smoother. Could
probably
use
Expancel or micro as well.

Ron Parigoris
A-265
Tailwheel Spring front pad went in last night. Fun job if you have proper mental
attitude!