Europa-List: Bonding CS14 Brackets to Fuselage sides

Subject: Europa-List: Bonding CS14 Brackets to Fuselage sides
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:39:15

>Hi John,
>All is well in deepest Yorkshire [ apart from the bl**dy Yorkshiremen !]
>Aeropoxy is fine over fibreglass / wood / steel. It works well over Alloy,
>just my personal preference to put Redux over alloy.
>Cheers,
>Nev.

Nev
Alodine gives very good bonding, it etches the surface so the epoxy (Redux
is an epoxy with ground elastomer for crack stopping,I know you already
know that btw) can get into the surface microscopically

Alodining needs to be done with proper chemical cleanliness, start with the
Boeing water test, a drop of water on the surface should spread out flat,
not form a droplet. Then heat the part in hot water before dipping in the
alodine for a couple of minutes.
Graham