Europa-List: Tailwheel mod info required

Subject: Europa-List: Tailwheel mod info required
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:44:26

Hi Everyone

Whilst at the PFA rally this year, I noticed several Europa's with a
modification on their tail wheels. This appeared to comprise of a piece of
fairly thick metal sheet attached to the top of the tail wheel castor which had
a "V" cut into it. I presume this is to prevent one from rotating the castor too
far and thus breaking the grease nipple off of the assembly.

I managed to do the breaking off the grease nipple a couple of weeks ago and so
would like to fit that mod to my plane to prevent it from happening again.

Can anyone tell me who designed the mod and where can I find details of it?

Regards

Eddie Hatcher
G-SELF
Europa kit 279 (Powered by J3300)