RE: Europa-List: Antenna Question

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Antenna Question
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:37:47

I too have the SL30 and find it a great piece of kit. The only thing you
need to be aware of is that it needs calibrating to the VOR/GS receiver
( I forgot and spent months scratching my head as to why it didn't work
properly). It's a bit fiddly  as it needs doing throughout the whole 360
degrees, which makes it work very accurately when completed so its worth
the effort. I can pick up my local VOR from 70 miles away at 3500ft...!
As for the antenna I simply use the standard " V" mounted in the rear of
the aircraft as the unit doesn't need anything fancy as it sees straight
through the composite fuselage nav and comm signals work perfectly.

Alan