Re: Europa-List: with Dynon

Subject: Re: Europa-List: with Dynon
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:32:21

Mike

My cockpit got very hot while we were flying from Oshkosh to Arizonans.  I
have added a outside air vent tube to blow air up behind my panel.  I think
this will fix my problem.

I don't know if this is a design problem.  The heat behind my panel was
probably a lot higher than the cockpit. I have not ask Dynon what temp they
have set up to be the trigger point for the "flag" .

One thing about the new Dynon D10A is that it outputs it's altitude to the
transponder in a new way.  My transponder is and older design from
Bendix/King and will not accept this serial output mode.  I will not be
upgrading to The new D10A.

  http://www.dynondevelopment.com/

I just called them.  The temp that the D10 goes "black and white" is 50 C .
That is hot. The tumble problem is not a roll rate issue. It seems to be
related to vibration in just a few airplanes.  The EMI problem has a filter
available for $10 that goes on the D25 plug. (if EMI bothers your airplane)
What else and I find out for you?  (I love this thing)

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555