Re: Europa-List: with Dynon

Subject: Re: Europa-List: with Dynon
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 20:26:59

<<I have added a outside air vent tube to blow air up behind my panel.  I
think
> this will fix my problem. I don't know if this is a design problem.  >>

I think it IS a design problem. The Europa panel is a 'sealed box' and gets
very warm behind it due to heat through the firewall and sunshine on the
dark-coloured top. There is no ventilation to counter this.

I've found the same solution as yours to be satisfactory (i.e. vent from
outside directly into the 'box' with vents in the top of the panel to
exhaust the warmed air).There have been alot of avionics fried in Europas,
Terra radios mostly.

Vents and fans in the base of the instrument panel don't work well because
that just draws in the hot air that comes off the firewall-footwells and
floats along the underside of the panel. Try holding your hand at the aft
lower corner of the panel during flight and you'll see what I mean.

Duncan McF.

DuncanMcF.