Re: Europa-List: pip-pin accident! Need spare and medical help!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: pip-pin accident! Need spare and medical help!
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 06:59:19

Raimo, Rob, any others,

 > My spar pip pin was broken today.
 > L-shaped handle went in many pieces.
 > It was one kind of battle when pulling it out,
 > without any handle to pull.
 > This is because my sparbushes are extremely
 > tight and so far with full power I have managed
 > to rigg/derigg about 25 times.
 > I have always thought my spar pin is too tight
 > but now I really know it. And also I know
 > the reason for that: spar bushes are not
 > exactly parallel (in my case). Have to do
 > something for hassle.
 >
 > Question:
 >
 > What is the source of those pins?
 > I would like to buy a pin with T-handle if possible.
 > Is there somewhere a man with an extra pin which is sellable for me?
 >
 > Any tips are much appreciated.
 >
 > Kind Regards,
 > Raimo M W Toivio, w/o spar pip pin and left knuckles w/o skin.

Me too...  Only I broke the handle off when disassembling after setting
the wings.  Maybe 4th disassemble.  Same skinned knuckles.  Very tight
fit.  I think I need to remove a bit more material from the round ends
of the spars.  They are too tight in the sockets.

In any case, I too need a replacement port spar pip-pin and would
prefer one with a "T" handle rather than the Europa supplied "L"
handle.

Would someone from Europa please reply?  Andy?

Aircraft Spruce has smaller 1/4" quick release pins in stock.  They say
"Request quote on special sizes (25 piece minimum)."  See page 105 in
the latest, 2004/2005 Catalog.  If there is interest, I will call them
for a quote on the minimum order and let the list know their reply.

Good building,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, 914, Airmaster C/S
http://forum.okhuijsen.org/N914XL
(75%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch
system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in,
Fuselage Top on, lift/drag/flap pins in, wing incidence set, tie bar
in, flap drive in. Working in - 24 Instrument Panel, 25 Electrical, 27
Setting Wings, 28 Flaps, 29 Main Gear, 30 Fuel System, 32 Tail, 34 Door
Latches & 35 Doors, 37 Finishing.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123