Fw: Europa-List: Propellers

Subject: Fw: Europa-List: Propellers
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:16:21

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Holder" <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Subject: Europa-List: Propellers

| Interesting variations in the stated maintenance needed for Airmaster.
|
| 100hrs, 50 hours, annual, 100 hours and annual .....
|
| As I understand it (here goes with another variation) it needs to be
| maintained at
|
| 25, 50, 100, 200, 300 ... Hours
|
| The maintenance involves removing each blade from the hub, regreasing and
| replacement. In the UK it requires a PFA Inspector sign-off after this.
|
| Anyone with any other variations ? :-)
|
| Richard
| Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
| Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
| Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
| SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
| Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, High Cross
| PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)

Cheers,
        ...reading all this prop stuff with interest as am llooking at
Airmaster, kremen, etc.
Airmaster: Supposing I'm doing the 'annual' blade greasing - do I need
replacement parts of any kind - oiltained rings etc?
Kremen: same thing,
        I always discover I need a giggling pin for the laughing gear when
the rig is all apart and the nearest pin is in Austin Texas where the
hurricane is not helping the mails much............
Ferg
A064