Re: Europa-List: Propellers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Propellers
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:16:16

> Hello all,
> I am planning to change my Warp Drive ground adjustable prop for an in flight
> adjustable or possibly a constant speed prop.
> According to the Europa Club list of flying Europas, there are 43 of you
> flying with the Airmaster AP332 and 31 with the Arplast PV50.
> I would like to know how happy you are with those props.
> My criteria are : reliability/safety, performance, maintenance requirements.
> Is the Arplast smoother than the Airmaster ?
> What about erosion of the blade when flying the Arplast in rain ?
> Please mention your prop flight time.
> Looking fwd receiving 74 answers !
> Remi Guerner
> F-PGKL, XS monowheel s/n 395. Installing a 912S to replace the 914.

As one of those Airmaster/912S owners I can say that it is great, but I
haven't used the Airplast.

The Airplast I believe is quite skinnily built whereas the Airmaster is more
substantial.

On the other hand I have Rotax Tacho, Manifold pressure gauge and CS
propellor control unit - each is a 2 1/4 inch gauge. All three are combined
into one gauge for the CS (VP ?) Arplast.

If you are buying a 912S make sure you get the HD starter. I say this
because after 97 hours I need a new sprag clutch :-(

Was this answer #1 ?

Richard
Richard F.W. Holder                      01279 842804 (POTS)
Bell House, Bell Lane,                   01279 842942 (fax)
Widford, Ware, Herts,                    07860 367423 (mobile)
SG12 8SH                                 email : rholder@avnet.co.uk
Europa Classic Tri-gear : G-OWWW, High Cross
PA-28-181 : Piper Archer : G-JANA, EGSG (Stapleford)