RE: Europa-List: Rotax 914 Question and other information

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Rotax 914 Question and other information
From: Carpenter Matt <mcarpenter@concordefs.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:46:21

My EIS 2000 watches EGT, CHT, MP, Oil Temp/Pressure, etc.

EGT is always good on mine, so I am not worried about the RPM.. UNTIL I saw
last night that the EIS 2000 says "If you have a Rotax CDI then set the RPM
input to a 6", "If you
have a Rotax 912 then set the RPM input to a 1" .. mine is at a 1.  I am
calling Grand Rapids today
to find out what it really should be.

Also found out last night that I have the older TCU, so I cannot use the new
software.  I have to rent
a dongle and software for 50 dollars per day.  I need it to adjust the
throttle pot.  Right now 115% is almost
1/2 way full throttle open.  Makes it feel weird at take off.

Thanks!
Matt Carpenter
A138
Amarillo, Texas