Europa-List: RE:

Subject: Europa-List: RE:
From: David Buckley <davebuckley@zoom.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:46:24

I can confirm you can start a 912 by hand.  I have done so - by accident
!

Scenario:

Europa undergoing maintenance, dashboard removed, hence ignition not
earthed.  We were performing a compression check with a compression
pressure gauge (as opposed to a leakdown test)

My engineer friend volunteered me to turn the prop saying "the ignition
unit shouldn't generate a spark until 200 rpm is reached".  Boy was I
glad I treated the engine as live !!!